General dental check ups ensure that your teeth remain healthy for years to come.
Dental checkup is something we should not delay. The team at Spring Orchid Dental recommend our patients visit our practice every six months for their dental check-up where their teeth are checked by the dentist. This way, if any issues are picked up, they are generally minor and can usually be fixed before they turn into something more serious and expensive to deal with.
This active maintenance is to prevent and reduce the amount of dental work you may need in the future.
Not only are regular dental check-ups beneficial for keeping your teeth looking good, there are also numerous overall health benefits.
Benefits of regular dental check-ups
- Prevent the build-up of plaque which causes bad breath.
- Potential dental issues can be quickly identified before they progress to a more serious and painful oral concern that could require surgery or permanent treatment options.
- Gum disease, which causes painful toothaches and can lead to infection of the gum and jawbone, can be prevented.
- Cavities and broken fillings can be addressed. If left untreated, these can result in the need for root canals, gum surgery or the needless removal of your teeth.
- Potential oral cancers can be identified which can be highly curable if treated early.
You can avoid painful Emergencies with regular dental checkups. Like many other parts of the body our teeth and gums do not repair themselves so we do have to take extra care.
At all times your comfort and happiness is our priority. General dental treatments are usually straightforward – relax and unwind as we care for your teeth with the latest techniques to keep your smile looking its best and to prevent future dental problems.