Dental Health Services (DHS)

Dental Treatment for Eligible Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card holders

Although we are a private dental practice, we also serve patients with Health Care Cards or Pensioner Concession Card referred to us by the Department of Health Services (DHS)

To qualify as a DHS patient, you need to have a current Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card, you can register at a DHS centre and apply for treatment as a government patient. (Please note that the closest DHS clinic to us in Bassendean is at 3 Eveline Rd, Middleswan, you can also call them to enquire on 9274 0099).

As a government patient, DHS subsidises you either 50% or 75% of your total treatment fees depending on the items they have allowed for in your treatment, in which there is a remaining 25% – 50% out of pocket gap to be covered by you as the patient.

Examples of Dental Services by DHS which we can assist you with.


A Dental Emergency Could Be

  • facial swelling
  • bleeding (trauma affecting your mouth)
  • an accident involving damage to your mouth or teeth.
  • dental pain (e.g. in teeth, mouth, gum, jaw)
  • lost filling
  • broken denture

General Dental Service

What Care Is Provided?

The service includes routine dental examinations or check-ups, oral health advice, scale and cleaning, extractions, fillings, X-rays, fissure sealants and root canal treatments. Specialist dental services such as oral surgery and orthodontics are not provided and patients are referred for these services.